Sketch Workshop with Dika Toolkit

Last week might be one of my highlight of the month, because I've been chosen as one of those 30 lucky drawers who deserve to join Dika Toolkit Sketch Workshop held by Urban Gigs in my hometown. I am a happy kid! From about 60+ submission, there were 30 pictures selected. I have been following Dika since I don't know (means since long time ago hehe). I melt with his artwork and his skills especially his ability to play with pencils.

So, in the rule we had to submit one of our artwork (can be a digital or manual sketch, doodle or anything, can be new or old ones) on Instagram and tell why we want to join the workshop. So I submit this and tried my luck.

This is my old artwork. I was intent to draw Raisa but it turned out not like anyone else and I don't know who it was :'D 

Well, the reason is definitely clear. Who doesn't want to join the workshop? with Dika Toolkit? C'mon! The normal registration fee to join this workshop is pretty expensive (at least for me). I remember around 2015 when I was in Bandung I saw his post on Instagram announced about his upcoming workshop and it was only available for less than 30 persons (if I am not mistaken). I was like "Oh crap! Kapan ya bisa ikutan workshop nya Dika Toolkit? Gak mungkin ada di Semarang" 

I was wondering in my mind, is it possible for me someday to take a chance to join his workshop, meet and learn from the master who will teach me tips and technic to draw? When? How? 

"Kak Dika aku foto nih! Pose dong!" - Dika Toolkit was only an inch away from me! That was crazy. 

And this is it! Dream do come true :p (lebay) - I thought the submission must be not more than 20 but so the opportunity must be big for me to be selected. But hell yeah they receive a lot and, people from urbangigs truly did a selection (I don't know based on what) as the seat was limited. The event start at 4 PM, but apparently it start bit late around 5 and not all of the winner came (Man! shame on them) AND I was literally the oldest participant among the others. They are soooo young like '95, '97, even '98 kid! :')

We learned a lot such as; basic drawing technic, how to draw eyes from different perspective, chin, nose, composition, hair, faces, and many more. Share about drawing media, how to hold your pencils, stuffs, eraser, everything related to sketching with pencils. At the end of the session was live sketch (and that was definitely my first time to do!) - if sketch using picture/photo as the reference is already challenging for me, then this one was the real person who always move her eyes, her head, right to left, change her position every minutes hahahaha so the challenge was even more. 

Final things to do; strike a pose for a group pictures. All the participants was verrrryyyy enthusiatic, friendly and also without a doubt they are all very talented and gifted. Dika is also veeeeery kind, humble, and humorist. I thought that he must be very silent, arrogant :p but turned out not at all! He even gave drawing stuff to one of the participants for free "Mau? ambil aja ngga apa apa"  - So lucky!


Doesn't look so old finally hahaha

By the way after the workshop I tried to draw again (practiced it directly) by drawing Raisa (again) and I think this one is not so bad like what I did in the previous :p but still need A LOT of practice.

Done at 12.30 am in the morning on the weekdays :p 

Well this is definitely good experience for me. Good one to keep me drawing, to keep my hoby live eventhough I cannot living in my hoby for life. I might have different interest every year,everytime, but my interest in drawing and art stayed the same since I was a kid. Not expert one indeed, but I like to do it in my spare time and thank God my Dad passes me down this talent. Thanks Urban Gigs for make it happen to me. Xx

I need to take my lunch and get back to work now! Bye!

 Greeting from my grumpy-cat, Manyun 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts