Pesto Pasta ft. Letusee Home Made Pesto

Hi! Firstly first I'd like to say Happy Holiday to all of you! We're gonna hit the end-year of 2014. OMG Time flies! Well, as I said before at my Instagram (btw you can check my Instagram account @firamusyaddad hihi) that I'd like to share my experiences and recipe with Letusee Home Made Pesto I found in Yogyakarta (I bought online, by the way) SO  here I am excited to write the post about it during my messy time typing for my final project report. 

I am a kinda pasta lover. I'd like to try many various pasta dish. One of my list is Pesto Pasta. You may find Bolognese, Alfredo, Marinara, Aglio e Olio, Carbonara etc. easily here in my hometown but I noticed there are a few restaurants serves Pesto Pasta due to its weirdest color (like GREEN!), or for some another reasons. I don't know. Even if it possible to find here, I still haven't an opportunities to give it a try. You know, 'wallet-alert' and my busy-crazy day at campus. I googled, and found that make a homemade Pesto Pasta was actually way too easy. First option, you have to make your own Pesto Sauce yet you can't find Basil Leaves easily here at the hometown (again. OMG) Second option, you have to looking for an Instant Pesto Pasta at the nearest groceries. I chose the second one. I found it, and it imported all the way from Italy. Yay! But there's no Halal label on it. Problem. 

THEN, SHORTLY..


As a follower of Diana Rikasari, I found Letusee. It's halal and it also send from my loveliest country, Yogyakarta (which is mean the customer service must be sooooo friendly). I am a happy kid. I was wondering.. how does the taste of Pesto would be like. I know I am so cheesy hahahaha but yap. I decided to make simple pesto pasta with shrimp and cherry tomato (play save!). Here is my simple recipe : 



1. Boil a water for the pasta. Don't forget to put a pinch of salt for the perfect saltiness. Put the pasta on a boiled water, wait til al-dente (10 minutes would be good), dried, set aside and sprinkle with vegetable oil. 
2. In another skillet, pour a vegetable oil and put the shrimp on. Wait til it looked pinkish. 
3. Salt and pepper. 
4. Put the pasta and 2 tbs of pesto sauce on the shrimp (or add whatever you like). 


5. Finish it by adding some cherry tomatoes.


6. Stir stir stir and serve, SOOOOO EASY YET DELICIOUS! *mouthwatering*


My curiousness about pesto has paid off hahahaha I must say that THE PESTO IS SO SO SOOOO GOOD. I can taste the nuts, the freshness of the basil and garlic on it. I think I'd like to buy another pasta and another protein to mix-up with my pesto (because I ran out of pasta only for two days since it mailed to my house). 



My brother was curious too, he said that the pesto pasta is sooo good yet it must be more perfect with more cheese at top of the dish. I think I will try another dish such as baked potato skin with pesto sauce :D sounds yummy coupled with cold-rainy-seasons lately or for new year feast. 




Comments

Popular Posts