Try Me! : Flour-less Chocolate Cake
I am so haaaaappy to finally could bring this baby home as my late birthday gift from myself. Yap! Since few years ago I try to appreciate myself by giving a birthday present on my own birthday hehehehehe I once bought myself shoes then this time I bought something different. You know I like cooking lately. For me, cooking is another way to express myself beside painting and drawing. I love how some ingredients combined well and turns out good in taste. I've been looked for so many recipes and saved it to my drive, many various of dish, from Asian cuisine, Mexican, Western, Indonesian, France, and so on. Mostly, I prefer to look for some dish who has simple ingredients and easy to be found here. Homecook is my motto!
Some of the recipes I found must be cooked using oven/microwave. I tried to get rid of recipes that using an oven. Then someday, I realized that too many recipes using an oven that I get rid of. Until someday, my sister-in-law asked me to cook her some Salmon. She ate more Salmon since doctor said that she's pregnant. That was the first time I treat Salmon. I had to be so careful to treat 'em due to the texture. It's fragile and breakable. The most recommendation I found on internet that time was Pan Seared Salmon. It was the simplest one. Seasoning then sear. I have to sear the salmon, then roast it briefly. Salmon shouldn't over-cooked on pan, just make them crispy and brownish on the outside then cooked the inside by roasting it into the oven, but I end up by burning the Salmon on pan T.T because I thought the inside are still bloody, you know my sister-in-law cannot eat raw fish because she's pregnant. It was still good but, my sis end-up by oiling his mouth :( Ok well, I think it's time to have an oven!
Small, affordable, low watt, and easy to use. Here it is :
I should bought one series upper than this, but the watt is higher.
Yayy! I'm a happy kid! I bought with my own money that I saved last week. My first attempt was cake. I used to hate making a cake. Why? Because it requires precise calculation on each ingredients and I have no idea about grams, ons, kg, cups and whatsoever. Plus, we cannot fix the cake if it turns out different from what it should be, hahahaha! I used to add this and that if I got fail in food experiment hahahaha but this time I'd like to challenge myself. Started from the easiest and unusual one; Flourless Chocolate Cake.
I found this recipe from Bleubird that attracts my intention because it Flour-less. No need to pour some flour! All you need are just these five simple ingredients that must be found near house :
(adjust the number based on your brass and portion, mine is about 10 centimeter for the diameter)
- 6-7 eggs
- 250 gr Dark Chocolate
- 2 tbs of Sugar
- 1 ons Salted Butter (Mrs. James suggest to use unsalted but I couldn't find it)
- Sugar Powder to give a snowy effect on the cake hehe
1. Separate the eggs yolk and white eggs into the different bowl.
2. Chop the Dark Chocolate Bar into pieces and steam it. After it perfectly melted, add 1 ons of salted butter into melted chocolate and stir. (The smell of butter and chocolate are everlasting good!)
3. Mix the eggs yolk and sugar until it looked pale yellow.
4. Mix the white eggs until it looks like meringue. You have to add some sugar to make it like meringue. I did.
5. Slowly pour your chocolate melted into the mixed egg yolk. NOTE: let the chocolate melted a bit chill to avoid your egg yolk turned into scramble egg. It will looked like this :
I choose to mix it again with mixer machine a little bit to make them fused perfectly. I brought along my phone to cheat the recipes hehehehe
6. After that, add your meringue-looks-alike (your whipped white eggs) and stir it slowly until it perfectly fused. DO NOT USE MIXER MACHINE!
7. Spread the butter on your brass surface, then pour the mixture onto your brass.
8. While pouring your mixture or spread the butter on your brass, you have to pre-heat your oven. I did it on 250 degrees for 5 minutes before I bake.
9. After that, put it into the oven and bake it about 50 minutes
10. 50 minutes passed, and done! Serve and dust with sugar powder and berries or orange just like mine!
*This is important to remind that you have you know the character of your oven. I set my oven on 250 degrees during baking, and took about 50 minutes. The result was totally good & succeed! The taste, the texture, moist inside and it taste like chocolate galore, but the surface was a bit burn. I had to get rid of that burning part of my cake. I think with this oven, I had to set lower degrees than 250 or maybe takes 10 minutes earlier than 50 minutes. It may different with yours, so explore your oven
I hope you are inspired to make yours at home. Mom, aunt, brother, and my sister-in-law really likes it! I took 3 pieces of my cake to Jogjakarta and let my sister try it as well. She's the 1st fan of my Flour-less cake. This is what will I make on home visit at my house this month as a dessert! Yayness!