Homecook Roasted Chicken

Cooking is my new escape from sorrow. I still in sorrow by the way (I know I know, is getting overrated) Well, being in grocery or stationer's is much happier than being in shopping center for me. Seriously! Watching all of those green and fresh fish, meats or adoring the cute stationer's stuffs are my pleasure. Last weekend, I decided to went home (due to my mourning moment, I need to go home) and tried a Roasted Chicken recipe.



I' gonna held a summer party by the end of this month. I invited some of my friends to come to my house, and this dish will be our main course. In early morning, I started with looked for a whole perfect chicken and some side dish. For the details, here I show you the ingredients of what I need to make this roasted chicken :
- A whole chicken (it's about 1 kg. Don't forget to wash it and dry it with paper towel.)
- Sweet Corn
- Onions
- Garlics
- Lemon Slices
- Oyster sauces (Here's the different, in some Roasted Chicken Recipes I found, it doesn't need an oyster sauce, but this time I put about a table spoon of oyster sauce just because I think oyster sauce and chicken is a perfect combination)
- Chili flakes
- Black pepper
- Salt 
- Butter
- Chicken Powder 
- Dried Oregano 

Notes : watch out about the cross contamination on your cutting board. You better treat your vegetables first before the chicken. Again, sorry if I'm not dropping some photos during the process of making this roasted chicken, I was home alone and nobody took a proper picture of the process so, pardon, yes? ;)

Here we go : 
First
Cut the corn, slice the onion a bit ticker, chop the garlic and dice the another one
Second 
Take a bowl to start mixing the spices. Put along, butter, chopped garlic, oyster sauce, salt, pepper/blackpepper, chicken powder, chili flakes, and oregano. Mix them up!
Third 
Done with the spices mixture and veggies, set aside. Let's treat the chicken. This is important to make your chicken quite dry/moist. Don't let your chicken watering/there's a water on your chicken. dry it up perfectly, to make it easy to seasoning the chicken skin/surface. 
Fourth 
Spread your spices mixture into the whole chicken surface.
Fifth 
Put the slice onion, diced garlic, and lemon slice inside the chicken body. Put along the corn into the tray, around the chicken
Sixth 
Pre-heat the oven 425F or about 220C, and roast the chicken for about 1 hour and 30 minutes (mine) or 1 hours 45 minutes or more to get the crispy golden brownish chicken skin


Et VoilĂ !


The chicken may looked pale, but trust me that was cooked very well. Tender inside, crispy and tasty outside. Make sure to roast your chicken properly and there's no pink juice when you test by slicing the chicken legs. You won't eat your tasty chicken with Salmonella bacteria inside, right? If 1 hour 45 minutes with 220C is not enough you can increase it or roast it little longer (based on your oven) but my chicken with that size, roasted enough for 1 hour and 30 minutes. You should try! I even pulled the chicken legs easily. Effortless! DAT CHICKEN WAS SOOOOOO DAMN GOOD!


Comments

Popular Posts